Welcome to Randi's Adventures. I'm just a Mom who loves Jesus, her husband, her kids and who has a passion for orphans. Jump in! Join me in my adventure...and perhaps begin your own!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
What a crazy week.
Well, unless an unbelievable miracle happens tomorrow, Megin will not be going on this trip to Ethiopia.
The craziness started last Thursday. Megin still, after 4 weeks, had not received her passport. I called to ask about it, they told me we could expedite for $76. We were getting down to the wire, so I agreed. Monday, we got a
letter in the mail telling us we need additional documentation to prove her citizenship. No problem, we had an issue with Tem's passport, too, but were able to call and clear everything up.
No such luck. After 2 days and over 60 phone calls (Congressmen, lawyers, county clerks, adoption experts, best friends, and lots and lots of random secretaries who would transfer me...and transfer...and transfer...)nothing worked.
We had to break the news to Megin after school today, which was one of the hardest things we have ever done. She was disappointed, i was heartbroken. Overall, a very hard day.
SO...we are postponing her trip. She will still go, we can get a refund for all but $300 of her airline ticket. She has raised enough money to make a trip later. Perhaps she and I can return in September when we take Abenezer back to Ethiopia. We can complete all the paperwork the passport agency is requesting over the summer. WE will make that trip, and still have that reunion with Grandma.
I will still be leaving on Saturday morning. It is going to be a completely different trip without Megin. Not really sure what I will be doing for two weeks. I am kind of a spontanious planner. I like to have an outline for the trip...then I am comfortable to change it as I go. To go into a trip like this with, really, my departure, my return and Abenezer's visa appoinment on the calendar...and nothing else. Well, it is pretty scary. Definitely out of my comfort zone. Well, bring it on.
Please continue to pray for Abenezer's visa appointment. I really want to be able to bring him home for the summer. Pray for my health (my biggest fear is to be sick while I am there, esp. there alone). Pray that I am open to whatever God has for me on this trip.
Thanks, friends, for your fervant prayers this past week. Please keep them coming. It feels like a spiritual battle and I can't do it without your support!