Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thanks for following me!

If you are here, it means you cared enough to click on my link. I will be keeping you up to date on my upcoming trip to Ethiopia/Uganda and be posting prayer requests, updates on my fundraising and any opportunities you have to help me out!

First let me tell you about my trip. I will be leaving for Africa in July. The Uganda portion of this trip will be spent working at Amazima Ministries (http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com) with their feeding program. Also, we will be working with the orphans at Canaan Children's Home in Jinja.

The Ethiopian portion of this trip will be spent working with Kid's Care orphanage, Mother Teresa HIV orphanage, AHope HIV orphanage, children living and working in the dump in Addis and a ministry for street children. There will also be a day of ministry at the Ethiopia Fistula Hospital in Addis.

I am SO excited to be taking this trip! My last trip to Ethiopia was in 2003 when I completed Megin and Tyson's adoption. The 3 week trip was completely consumed by paperwork, running from one office to the next, and more paperwork. I am looking forward to being able to minister to kids in Ethiopia - a place very close to my heart. I know I can't adopt them all, but want to do what I can to help those with little to no chance of adoption.
Jas 1:27 -
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Thanks for joining me on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment